- Teen Coffeehouse: Cabbages and Kings Coffeehouse, contact us for times
- Soup kitchen*, 3rd Saturday and Sunday of each month
- Toiletries for the homeless collection*
- Canned food for the food bank collection*
- Guest at your Table program, an annual program at the end of November through December
- Ethical Eating forum, 4th Sunday in January after the service — RE classes learning about ethical eating, too.
- Letter writing campaign to the governor of Idaho to make permanent the removal of the asset test from the food stamp program
*organized by a different church committee
These are issues we continue to work on, contact us if you are interested in seeing more information on a particular event or issue.
- Forum, June 2009
- The UUA’s Congregational Study/Action Issue on Peacemaking
- Caring Congregation
- Working towards a Caring Congregation workshop series, Feb. & March 2009
- The Caring Congregation Program
- Climate Change: 350.org
- Candlelight Vigil for Climate Change, December 12 at 6:30 pm on the Broadway Bridge
One Time Events
These are issues that became one-time events at the church, but, again, contact us if you are interested in seeing more information on a particular event or issue.
- Green Jobs Day
- Nationally coordinated by Green for All, a day to promote green jobs in a green economy to halt climate change.
- Organized with Environmental Justice Committee
- Bandana Project
- A project to show solidarity with female migrant workers.
- City Recycling Bin
- Spearheaded by one committee member, it was a successful project to have the City of Idaho Falls place a city recycling bin in the parking lot of the Eagle Rock Post Office, across the street from the UUCIF.